Council Tax

Whether you are on APD or CAPD, you will be using a room in your home for treatment and/or storage of bags etc.

Due to you losing a room, you can apply to the local council for a reduction in your council tax bill. I could fill a form out online with Cardiff Council but I’m sure if you ring your local council they will tell you how to apply.

Someone from the Council came to the house to make sure I wasn’t telling porky pies but he was here for about 60 seconds and once I showed him the dialysis room he was happy. The reduction was also backdated to the day I started dialysis – which was a few months after I applied.

You may also like...