Forgetfulness & confusion is the worst of the mental health symptoms of CKD.
Don’t confuse it with the odd memory laps. CKD will make you confused and forgetful – which can be very scary.
Unfortunately there isn’t (that I have at least found) anything that can sort it out. However, I have found a excellent website & app to help to remember stuff with some extra features that can help.
The website is Toodledo.com and it is free to sign up – they will try to get you to pay for there services but for our purposes the free stuff is fine.
The app is 2Do I downloaded it for free over 18 months ago but i believe that you have to pay for it now.
In the app, in the Sync section; add your toodledo account details.
The excellent features are;
- Use it for a simple do-to list so that on a certain date and at a certain time there will be a pop up to tell you to do something.
- Geo-location information is available for each task, so when you arrive in a certain place it can remind you to do something (e.g. when you go shopping; when you arrive at the shop your shopping list will pop up).
- You can add repeaters for tasks that happen every week.
- You can add pictures for each task (e.g. The appointments letter from the hospital)
- You can use actions to automate some tasks.
Have a play with it and use it to it’s full potential.